Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Is he strong? Listen, bub...

Spider-Man 3 trailer is up at Sony's website:

Trailer

It looks pretty cool. I never quite got the whole "Venom" thing, though. The whole appeal of that character. He's, what, an embittered photojournalist in the alien suit that Spider-Man brought back from Battleworld? (Secret Wars reference. Yes, I'm a comic geek.)



In other words, he's just a bulked up, psychotic Peter Parker in black and white with a ridiculously oversized jaw and gigantic tongue who drools all over the place. Big whoop.

(Don't even get me started on the whole "Venom: Lethal Protector" thing from the 90's. Geek.)

Still, it looks like it should be pretty cool, although I fear that they may be going into the Batman Returns "put too many elements into the mixture" bit- I count Sandman, Venom (Parker and Eddie Brock versions), Green/Hobgoblin, and Black Cat (or at least Felicia Hardy, the platinum blonde Pete's dancing with). Overkill? We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The teaser trailer is much better than I thought it was going to be. I like the fact that Venom has been added to the story line this time, but I'm not sure how they'll managae the two Venom identities (Parker and Brock) into the film while dealing with the Sandman also. I agree that there maybe too many characters involved in the story line for "3." However, I'm sure they're still saving the Hobgoblin story line for a future sequel and Black Cat is just a quick extra character probably thrown into the movie for all the Spidey geeks.

Anonymous said...

Saw the trailer at Superman Returns the other night. All I have to say is Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman?! Barf! Sandman is a big bruiser and a bad ass - my favorite Spidey villan btw -and THC is none of those things. Whose genius idea was that casting? Gotta go hurl now.