Friday, February 09, 2007

Funny Voices In My Head

Disclaimer: Not a Psychotic Rant (despite the title)

I've been working with a lot of legal documents lately in my current job, and when I read over the language, I can't help but hear the voice of Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons in my head.

"Know all men by these presents, that such and such (hereinafter called the Principal), and so and so (hereinafter called the Surety), are held and firmly bound unto whosamacallit (hereinafter called the Obligee), in the full and just sum of one bajillion dolloars, the payment of which sum, well and truly made, the said Principal and Surety bind themselves, and each of their heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, jointly and severally, firmly by these presents.

It's chowda, darn you."

No comments: